Create a walk team or join an existing team of your choice. If you already have an account, you can login to view team activities
We're getting ready to celebrate the 21st Annual Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk... Are you?
The walk is Saturday, October 1st from 11:00am-3:00pm at the Kansas Speedway.
Online registration closes Monday, September 26 at 5pm. After this date, you may register onsite from 11am-1pm at the registration tent.
Join us for a day of family fun, as we celebrate those with Down syndrome!
The Step Up walk is a one-mile walk (around the parking lot and concourse, beginning at 1:45pm) at the Kansas Speedway and will feature with many family activities- Moonwalks, three mechanical rides, a trackless train, bungee pods, pony rides, carnival games, music, dancing and so much more...
Guests of all ages will enjoy a great KFC lunch - fried chicken, cole slaw and potato salad and we will also have hotdogs and fruit too.
Did you know that each year, 5,000 babies born with Down syndrome and that there are over 250,000 individuals living with Down syndrome in the United States?
The Down Syndome Guild of Greater Kansas City (DSG) serves over 1,400 families and partners with 22 hospitals, 45 school districts and countlesss service providers in Kansas and Missouri. We invite you to Step Up and support our members and the work of the DSG by participating in the largest celebrations for Down syndrome in the nation. Our 2015 walk was a record breaking success - thanks to 360 teams, 10,000 + walkers, and 300 volunteers! Will you be there to help us cross the finish line this year?
Your participation in the walk shows you support inclusion and acceptance for people with Down syndrome and recognize their many gifts, talents and contributions to society. We envision a bright future with your help.
Each step you take and every dollar you raise will help the DSG continue to provide vital programs and services offering educational and social support to people with Down syndrome, their families and the professionals who serve them. Important work is waits to be done to enhance research, education and advocacy programs.
Your support is criticial in making these programs a reality.
What difference can you make by Stepping Up?
* When you raise $100 you help the DSG provide two families with hospital meal vouchers during extended hospital stays.
* When you raise $200 you help the DSG provide a family experiencing a new diagnosis a welcome basket full of gifts and resources on Down syndrome.
* When you raise $250 you help the DSG host a quarterly social activity for teens and adults with Down syndrome.
* When you raise $500 you help the DSG host a quarterly support breakfast for parents and grandparents.
* When you raise $750 you help the DSG provide conference scholarships to educators and professionals who support individuals with Down syndrome.
* When you raise $1,000 you help the DSG publish an issue of their award winning Connections newsletter.
View the following resources to learn more about how the funds you raise are used to improve the lives of people with Down sydrome!
We thank you for your generous support of Step Up Walk and look forward to seeing you Saturday, October 1, 2016 at the 21stAnnual Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk and Festival!!